If you are looking for both an aesthetic and functional upgrade to your Tesla, then one of the most obvious solutions is to install window tint film on your windows. But, before you go and pay your shop a couple hundred dollars to install one, find out all about the benefits and slight cons that a window tint provides.
What is a Window Tint?
A window tint takes a dark sheet of dark translucent film and places it on the window. This film can vary in darkness. It can be as light as 50%, or as dark as 5%. And there are 3 different types of tint, dyed, hybrid, and metalized. With dyed being the lowest quality going up to metalized tint which has the highest quality. Like you would imagine, the higher the quality of tint the more it will cost.
Once installed make sure to never use ammonia-based cleaners, aka Windex, to clean tinted windows, as this will destroy the tint. Also keep in mind that there are various laws that vary per state on how much tint you can have on each window. So check your local regulations to make sure you won’t get pulled over.
Pros of Window Tint
- Window tints block out UV rays protecting your interior
- Window tint blocks out heat making sure your metal seat belts don’t burn you and your black leather seats don’t cause you to sweat uncontrollably
- Window tint protects your privacy from snoopers who want to look into your car to try and steal something
- Reduced glare from the sun when driving during mid-day
- Window tint just looks cool, especially if you are doing an all black car
- Cheaper than most car mods
Draw Backs To Window Tint
- Window tint darkens your window so it makes driving harder at night, especially with darker tints
- Cops could pull you over for suspicion of too dark of tint and could give you a ticket for having too dark of a tint
- Cheaper tints could req
In conclusion, window tinting is a great option to take your Tesla up a level in coolness as everyone loves the sleek and batmobile like look of tinted windows. Beyond the ascetic improvements they also provide great practical purposes in reducing how hot your car is on those summer days as well as preserving your interior’s quality. Just make sure to be in compliance with your local laws otherwise you could get pulled over and given a ticket.